Tuesday 12 March 2013

Waffles for One

Remember how I told you I've quit sugar?

Remember how you thought "Pfft... Good luck with that" ??


C'mon, I know you did and it's OK.


Allow me to introduce you to my Paleo 'Chocolate' Waffles. 

Paleo 'Chocolate' Waffles


Yes - The did taste as good as they look. 

Let's come back to those in a moment...


I went Op Shopping on the weekend. And despite my own resistance, I think I'm a convert.

Call me a snob, but there's just something about Op Shops that I never understood.
And garage sales?? I don't get garage sales. 

Wait.. No, I like to sell things at garage sales; but I don't go to them and find enjoyment in sifting through other people's unwanted stuff.

I think this is where my recent Gumtree addiction came from. I like that I can sit in the comfort of my own home and scroll through pages of second hand furniture looking for things I could buy and paint and give a new lease on life. Do I need said furniture? No. But I like to look anyway.

And so, I suppose it was only time before I slowly accepted the art of Op Shopping.
(Not for clothes though.. that still creeps  me out a little).

I spent a good portion of my Saturday scouring various Op Shops for a project that will be revealed at a later date. But I hit the jackpot when I found a waffle maker for $7.

Yup - SEVEN bucks.

Can you say bargain?!

And the best part ??  IT WORKS!

And so that's how I came to make myself this delicious breakfast.

Here's how - 

Whisk 2 eggs in a bowl; 
Add 1/3 cup coconut milk; Mix;
Mix in 1 tablespoon of agave nectar; Mix;
Add 1.5 cups almond meal; Mix;
Add 2 tablespoons cacao powder; Mix;
Add 1 teaspoon vanilla extract + sprinkle of cinnamon; Mix.
Cook in waffle iron.

[Recipe adapted from PaleOMG]

Served with a squirt of agave nectar and fresh strawberries.

DELICIOUS.

xx

1 comment:

  1. 3 Studies SHOW Why Coconut Oil Kills Belly Fat.

    This means that you actually burn fat by consuming Coconut Fat (in addition to coconut milk, coconut cream and coconut oil).

    These 3 researches from big medicinal magazines are sure to turn the traditional nutrition world around!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...